Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Charter.net WebMail using I.E.

• Please log in to reply

rachris

rachris

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My wife uses Charter.net at work and at home. Because she finds it necessary to access her emails at 2 different locations on her job, plus the need to access them on her home computer as well, she opted in the Outlooks installed on each computer to leave the email messages on Charter's server. Then, when she wants to delete the messages permanently, she signs in to Charter.net's WebMail to do so. This works fine from her 2 computers at work, and it works fine from my computer here at home, but her own computer at home kicks her into an intermediate screen with an info message (see below) before kicking her back to the Charter.net home page. At which point she chooses "Check you email" again and goes to her Inbox, where she finds that the message(s) was not deleted. When she tries to delete again, the whole vicious cycle starts over. We also found that she cannot move emails or set preferences in Charter.net's WebMail without the same scenario playing out. One last troubleshooting clue before I insert the message that's displayed - I installed Firefox on her computer and she can manage her WebMail fine in that browser; it's just I.E. that seems to be screwing up. Here is the message text she gets when trying to delete emails and perform other actions in Charter.net's WebMail:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Charter
Cable - Internet - Telephone

You are being re-directed to www.charter.net,
where you can access your e-mail.

Please note: After June 4th, the page found at
mail.charter.net will no longer exist. You will need
to go directly to www.charter.net for e-mail access.

For your convenience, click below to set
www.charter.net as your home page.

Make www.charter.net my home page

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The blurb about "June 4th" and "mail.charter.net" is not applicable to her situation.

I called Charter and went up a couple levels in their support chain, but in the end no one had a clue.

Thanks for any help you can give.

rachris

Advertisements