Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Motherboard?

• Please log in to reply

Procaelio

Procaelio

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Which motherboard would you suggest for Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz?

GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX

ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX

ASUS P5Q Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P45

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What do you indend on doing with your computer? Do you indend on running SLI or crossfire? Do you intend on overclocking? Need a little more information to better assist you.
James

Procaelio

Procaelio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm thinking of getting a EVGA 512-P3-N860-TR GeForce 9600 GT 512MB . I intend on overclocking possibly to 3.6.

I do some gaming but it is mostly for audio editing, video editing and graphics. Of course while the computer is working on these jobs I'm downloading, burning discs and word processing.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I have a DFI board in mind, but what would you consider your overclocking experience on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hardest. While the motherboard I'm thinking of is one of the best on the market, the BIOS is complicated and is not recommended for people new to overclocking. That being said, out of the three you choose, I'd take the ASUS P5Q Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P45 for it's overclockability. That being said, if you want to upgrade to crossfire down the road, I would not recommend thing board.
James

Edited by james_8970, 28 July 2008 - 02:28 PM.