Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen 0x000000F4: very unusual error on my laptop. NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply

phishy59

phishy59

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so just recently my ASUS G1 Laptop has been having this 0x000000F4 problem. Sometimes, when I start windows XP, the computer will go to a blue screen with the following error codes:

***STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8A8628A0, 0x8A861A14, 0x805D13B6)

I've tried starting my system in safe mode, but then I get the DCOM Service Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly message and the countdown of my system shutting down.

On the occasions where my computer DOES NOT pop up a blue screen, my computer does not allow me to run any applications for any reason, nor does it let me open up task manager, or MSCONFIG or anything else. I can open up folders but that's about it.

So can someone please explain to me what has happened to my computer? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive; compare KB 330100.

Your computer thinks the hard drive is connected as a SLAVE drive.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;330100

You probably have a bad motherboard in the computer, or some kind of malware has infected the laptop. Hopefully it is under warranty.

SRX660