Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rundll DOCEOC16B1 error

• Please log in to reply

slippy013

slippy013

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when i start my computer up there is a Rundll msg that comes up saying Error loading DOCEOC16B1 does anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Advertisements

JimDellaVolpe

JimDellaVolpe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone has a fix for this? I have the same error everytime I boot up or restart. TX Jim :tazz:

Boretti

Boretti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am also having this same problem.

GRosson

GRosson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This problem just occured with me today and I'm looking for the reason and fix. I am working on a friend's machine to rid it of the Aurora and nail.exe files. I started with spybot. That didn't get rid of all the files. Reading a bit more about removal, I downloaded the mypctuneup.com fix for Aurora removal and then installed the free ewido scan tool. The mypctuneup may have done the trick as far as Aurora, I'm not sure, but then I ran ewido and cleaned all files it found. It reported 70+ items. Nail.exe still remained and was not deleted. After rebooting from ewido, I had the RUNDLL error. What is this DLL file being reported? I can close out the message and everything seems normal or better than it was anyway.
Thinking that it may still be some unwanted files or spyware, I downloaded ad-aware and ran it. Ad-aware found 12 more entries that it deleted but I still get the DOCEOC16B1 error. I finally went in and just deleted the nail.exe file but from what I have read, it may return in a day or two. I don't see any responses to the previous posts and can't find any other mention on the net about the RUNDLL error. I have also sent a message to ewido for their suggestions. I have never used HJT but may need to learn about it. For now, I would just like to know about the following eror.

RUNDLL
Error loading DOCEOC16B1
The specified module could not be found.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Glenn

stevediebel

stevediebel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The D0CE0C16B1 issue all of you are experiencing I finally was able to fix on my Windows 2000 machine yesterday.

Go to TrendMicro's website 'www.trendmicro.com' and do a search for ADW_BROWSERAID.C which is a spyware/grayware kernel. You will then find instructions on how to go into your machine's registry and eliminate the entries that are causing your problem with D0CE0C16B1 that pops up when you start your machine. TrendMicro's instructions for removal worked like clockwork for me just be very careful to follow the instructions to the letter in order to not screw up your registry.

Incidently, the characters that appear to be Os in the D0CE0C16B1 are actually zeros.

Good luck! :tazz: