Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

badtrans 29020 worm

• Please log in to reply

rbailey005

rbailey005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Sir:

I upgraded a friend's computer by putting 512 megs of ram in it and then upgrading to Windows XP Home Edition with all updates. When I finally downloaded and ran all the CA Suite software. The virus checker came up with 5 Badtrans 29020 e-mail worms. Although the Anitviurs detects these, it does not quarantine them or remove them. So far, not other viruses have been detected. I am not even sure how these viruses got on the computer to begin with. I still have not found anyone who can tell me how to remove these--even the CA website was not much help. I know this particular worm was discovered back in 2001. Any help out there how to get rid of these bugs?

Richard

Advertisements