Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Perma admin shortcuts?

• Please log in to reply

gregmark34

gregmark34

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
hi,
i have had a good search around but cant find an answer so sorry if its already been asked.

Win XPSP2

Im trying to figure out how to set shortcuts on a limited account to run as admin, yea i can right click on the shortcut and "run as" but it wont remember what i set it to? iv looked on the net and found some info that said if i right click on shortcut and go to properties/advanced i should get an option to run as admin but i dont i get an option to run with different credentials which just makes the "run as" window popup when i run the shortcut but still is not what i want. so how do i make a shortcut on limited acc always run as admin without having to put in my PW each time?

thx for any help.
JackDinn

Advertisements

gregmark34

gregmark34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
so no1 has an answer then, not even a suggestion? never mind. i shall try tech support Guy

Thx all

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can either make a batch file that will run the target program as an admin or you could make a VBscript that does the same thing

or you could use a program called CPAU (http://www.joeware.n.../cpau/index.htm) which i've used a lot

out of the 3 options i just listed CPAU seems to be the most secure...when you follow their process of creating a CPAU job it encrypts the admin username and password into the job file...you can set up a runas batch that will save the credentials of the admin account without the user knowing the password...but certain user profile modifications can cause it to loose this information

gregmark34

gregmark34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
yea thx for the help,

I had a look at your other suggestions and all look fine i have found this which im now using for the job steel run as

thx
JackDinn.

Edited by gregmark34, 05 August 2008 - 05:51 AM.