Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD only when using Cubase SL3.1

• Please log in to reply

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I have suddenly started to get the BSOD with Stop oxBA or Stop ox7F. I have neither added or removed any hardware/software and so I'm at a loss how to troubleshoot this problem. It would appear that when I'm using Cubase ie its running 6tracks audio and 12 tracks of midi, and I'm diving from page to page, suddenly the BSOD. I have looked at the event logs but there doesn't seem to be anything jumping out at me. Could anybody point me in the direction as to how to troubleshoot. My kit is :- DualCore AMD 64x2 4200+ 2.5 gig ram, 4 sata drives 250 gig each.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
have you tried the trouble shooting guide here for Cubase

Edited by happyrck, 04 August 2008 - 11:39 AM.

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Yes I'm getting some assistance from the Forum. I have to say that I have had Cubase for too many years to count and they don't do telephone help unless its how do I boot Cubase etc, not great at tech help. Far the best form of help is via the forum. A bit like this really, good tech help from forums, not great help from a lot of the software Cos. Only my opinion you'll understand. :) Thanks for your post. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first thing to try when a APP starts acting up and you have not added any hardware or software that could be fighting.. is to uninstall the problem software and reinstall it...

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Cheers I'll give that a try, I have the Software and thesix major updates. I'll report back my results. :)