Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kodak Easyshare Software

• Please log in to reply

schlampe

schlampe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a Kodak C713 camera today and when I took the pictures and plugged the camera into my computer, I loaded up the Easy Share software and it gave me this message:

To work with the Easy Share software, the catalog file needs to be upgraded. This upgrade may take several minutes to complete. Do you want to upgrade the catalog file now?

I hit upgrade, and it gives me this message:

Easy Share is unable to run. Please run Setup and choose repair to fix the application. (0, 5006, 0)

I hit repair, and it takes me to the repair screen and repairs it. Afterwards, telling me to restart my computer. When I do and I try to start the Easy Share software, it still doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, gone to the Kodak website, unplugged and replugged the USB cord in all the USB ports I have available, I've used a different disk and another cord that fits the camera, but nothing is working.

Please help.

Thank you. (:

(Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum.)

Advertisements

lewcos

lewcos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got this on the Easyshare support site at www.kodak.com:

Question : While starting EASYSHARE Software, I received a "EasyShare is unable to run. Please run Setup and choose repair to fix the application" error message. What does this mean and how do I fix it?
Answer : This message indicates that you must rebuild your picture catalog. Your pictures will not be deleted during the procedure, but any information that you added to the pictures, such as captions, will be deleted.

IMPORTANT: Print this page before continuing.

To rebuild the picture catalog, do Parts A and B below:

Part A

Right-click the KODAK EASYSHARE Software icon on your desktop, and select Properties.
Select the Compatibility tab.
Clear the check box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for," and then clear all the Display settings check boxes.
Click OK.
Right-click the Kodak icon in the system tray, and select Shut Down KODAK EASYSHARE Software.
Select C: > Program Files > Kodak > KODAK EASYSHARE Software > bin.
Right-click the Catalog folder, and select Rename.
Change the folder name to OldCatalog1, and close the window.
NOTE: If you cannot rename the folder, go to part B.

Select Start > Run.
In the Run dialog box, type %temp%, and click OK.
Double-click the Retain folder.
Double-click the bin folder.
Right-click the Catalog folder, and select Rename.
Change the folder name to OldCatalog2, and close the window.
Delete the backup catalog files ESBK.mb and ESBK.mbb:.

Select Start > Search > All files and folders.
In the All or part of the file name box, type ESBK, and click Search.
Delete the two found files (ESBK.mb and ESBK.mbb).
Click Yes to send to the Recycle Bin.
Close the Search Results window.
Part B

Windows XP Professional operating system Windows XP Home Edition operating system
Right-click the Catalog folder, and select Properties.
Select the Security tab.
Under Full control, verify that Allow is checked for the Administrators group, and click OK.
Start EASYSHARE Software.
Select Start > Shut Down.
Select Restart, and click OK.
When “Please select the operating system to start” appears, press F8.
Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and press Enter.
Right-click the Catalog folder, and select Properties.
Select the Security tab.
Under Full control, verify that Allow is checked for the Administrators group, and click OK.
Restart the computer.
Start EASYSHARE Software.

Id: bdl_essw_0249
Date Created: Monday, November 19, 2007
Modified Date: Monday, November 19, 2007
Language : English
Best Bet: No

It worked for me.

Good Luck.

alizarine_dawn

alizarine_dawn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I have two files that are ESKB files. One is mb and the other is mbb. I see they are Easyshare files. I don't have problems with them, just a question about them. Is that where all of my "albums" from Easyshare are stored? when I look at properties it says that it was modified on July 6, 2009. Perhaps when I downloaded pictures last? Just curious.

Thanks!