Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox is running slow

• Please log in to reply

MVV

MVV

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Like the topic title says, Firefox is running slow for me. I could use some help, in fixing this problem.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what version of firefox are you running? have you tried launching firefox in safe mode (start menu, mozilla firefox, firefox safe mode).

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
How many add ons do you have running in the background? If you disable some does the speed increase?

MVV

MVV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

what version of firefox are you running? have you tried launching firefox in safe mode (start menu, mozilla firefox, firefox safe mode).

I guess I have the last version of it before 3 became available. And in safe it's a lot faster.

How many add ons do you have running in the background? If you disable some does the speed increase?

Honestly I don't know.

Edited by MVV, 05 August 2008 - 02:26 PM.

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Then the likely hood is slim to none but let's try just in case.

Okay, I'm running 2.0.0.16 so the keyboard shortcuts may be different but hit (Ctrl+shift+A) when Firefox is opened and see if there are any add ons running in the background.

I'm also wondering if your cache needs to be cleaned out. That may be the real cause.

Edited by vorybory, 05 August 2008 - 02:59 PM.

MVV

MVV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
The only add-ons I have are AVG Safe Search, AVG Security Toolbar and Talkback.

To clear the cache, you go to Tools and clear private data right? I've already done that and it did nothing.

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Try disabling just AVG Safe Search and AVG Security. These two add ons may be causing Firefox to fuss. You'll only know unless you try.

MVV

MVV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
That appears to have done the trick. Thanks a lot.