Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c

• Please log in to reply

Matthijs

Matthijs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello;

Ive been watching this forum for a while now about the smitfraus-trojan, and I got to say, this forum has better solutions to it then the actual antivirus sites (ex. symantec). But I decided to subscribe and star a new topic about this because I'm a noob at virus removal :tazz: and I dont actually understand how to get to the logfiles and stuff... ;)

Ive got 3 major problems;

1) everytime I start up, ive got a warning about a file called WAFFLE, its location cannot be found...
I do know how I got it though, it was on msn with a link that has been sended to me, and when I klicked it (stupid me) ;) it sended to every contact in the list, that was like 3 weeks ago and I still get 3 warnings everytime I reboot.

2) The Smitfraud.c...
This is the trojan ive been reading these forums about, I managed to get my homepage and the popup-blocks back up, but still not the wallpaper, it still is the blue warning...

3) this is a warning I get everytime i open a file that has something to do with the internet, its called RUNDDL.
It seems to have something to do with the smitfraud, because it allways opens together with a virus warning about the smitfraud.

Can anyone help me to solve these problems???

Thanx;
Matthijs

Advertisements