Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

URGENT: Application Error on Closing Down

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi folks,

Hate to put an "urgent" in front of the topic but I've been using someone else's computer and even though I've done nothing wrong I seem to have "broken" it.

It's a XP home edition with 248 RAM, slow I know. The only thing I've done to the system is yesterday Windows update prompted me to install the SP3 update since it finished downloading. I went ahead and did it and it SEEMS that after that things started going wrong.

Now when no matter what application I use, upon closing the application I always get that error message saying there's something gone wrong and the application had to be shut down, would I like to send the error report.

If I had two instances of IE running and finished with one of them and closed it down, this error would crash both. I tried system restore and in normal Windows environment SR wouldn't initiate and shut down by the error message. I then tried system restore in Safe Mode but now the error messages are still present.

Help! I want to fix this as this is someone else's computer (even though it's crap).

Thanks tons in advance.

Advertisements