Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GP is not applied from the DC to a particular OU

• Please log in to reply

Mobi

Mobi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Log.JPG

I was trying on apply a group policy to a set of users in a OU from my domain controller. I performed the following steps.

1. Selected the Active Directory for users and computers

2. Selected the OU for which I wanted to apply the GP

3. Selected the properties of the OU and selected the Group Policy

4. Added a new name of the policy and click the edit

5. A Group Policy Object editor opened

6. Then I selected the Windows Settings-------->Local Policy-------->Audit Policy------->Object Access and selected both success and failure

But Its not working at all. To find out what policies are being applied I ran the RoSP (Resultant Set of Policy Planning) and its showing the Disable GP( The policy engine did not attempt to configure the settings. For more informaiton see the %WIN%\Security\Logs\winlogon on the target machine). Please see the attached fig.

I also want to defined access permission for a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR through the DC on all the system in a particular OU.

Please help me out.

Advertisements