Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hibernation on desktops...

• Please log in to reply

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
I'm coming to my favorite go to place for computers for some answers, LOL..

Does Microsoft admit they have a hibernation bug in desktops that prevent the desktops from hibernating correctly. And do they plan on fixing this?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There are no issues with hibernations in Windows.
Any hibernation issues that you have are typically either caused by your hardware, the drivers driving your hardware, something you've got plugged in or something that's running that's causing the system to wake up again. Windows can only hibernate in appropriate situations otherwise it will either not hibernate at all or wake up at random.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Interesting, I was talking to the tech support the other night and they said it has a bug in it for desktops that they did not plan to fix..