Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installation problem

• Please log in to reply

ofirl

ofirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, this is my first post here.

when you boot up your computer the bios(i think) gives you list of available operation systems.
when you quit windows installation before it finish completely it leaves you a 'windows XP' line.
my question is how do i delete this line or refresh list or something because its giving me 1 sec to click on something and if i dont click it display error message and then reboot and it mean i need be near the computer while he reboot and pres on the arrows buttons so it will boot correctly.

hope you will understand my explain.
thank you for your help.
ofir.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It looks like you have more then one XP installations, one of them corrupt. Are you sure that you want to remove one? If yes, click Start > Run. In the command line type msconfig and click Enter. Click BOOT.INI and then Check all Boot Paths. Windows will identify what operating system you have and will check the path. If one is faulty Windows will ask if you wish to cancel it. Agree and let windows remove it.

If you know at which folder the corrupt installation is, use windows Explorer to reach this folder and delete it.

ofirl

ofirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you very much, it's worked!
now i dont have to be next to the computer while it boots up
thanks.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician