Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High temperature

• Please log in to reply

Zmora

Zmora

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
so , this are my speedfan readings.
ive got this feeling that temperature shouldnt be this high..
and i am experiencing very low fps in all games.
i would be gratefull if someone could check these readings :)

oh, and btw, could someone plz tell me, is there any risk in getting a newer versio of bios ? or do i have to do something special , like formatting disk or something before i get it ?

Attached Thumbnails

• bez__tytu__u.JPG

Edited by Zmora, 10 August 2008 - 04:51 AM.

Advertisements

Linkdk

Linkdk

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'll be listening... My GPU recently gone to 58*C in idle...

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You cannot depend on Speedfan to be totally accurate. I would check in the BIOS to see what temps are showing there. I'll bet they are a bit lower. Although 69° is slightly high it's really not that hot for a graphics card. My Nvidia 6600 ran at 48°c all the time and upped slightly when playing games. Maybe you should check the GPU cooler to see if its attached good.

Installing new BIOS can be somewhat tricky on some motherboards. Read up all you can before tryint to do this. Do you feel you need new bios? Just because a game is slow does not mean the BIOS is the problem. There's many factors you need to check. Downloading and running Diagnostic utilities is essential to finding the best hardware to run the latest games.

You have another problem that may be affecting your games. Your PowerSupply voltage is low enough on the 12 volt and 5 volt lines to cause you many problems. 4.22 volts on the 5 volt line can cause the cdrom drives to slow down enough to affect you FPS. Also, maybe the 12 volt line is barely high enough to run the MB correctly. I had a AMD comp that was crashing in games and locking up all the time. The 12 volt line was 11.86 volts. Replacing the PS with a good one stopped all the crashes and lockups. 12 volt line voltage was 12.11 on the new PS, and the 5 volt line stayed at 5. 18 volts, no matter what program or cdrom game i was running.

SRX660

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
ok, so i got to buy new power supply, ok :) could u recommend me one ? :)

and this screen was taken when pc was almost idle, i meann after playing any game GPU temp was reaching 90*...

i tought that maybe new fans inside would help, but they didnt. i have one on PS, one in the front wall , one in the back wall , and one good , big radiator on cpu,and one on the graphic card... i just checked and every one of them is working fine. u think it might by because of weak cooling?

mamaloney

mamaloney

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
what are your computers full specs?

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
System : Windows Xp Sp2
Cpu : Intel Pentium 4, 3218 Mhz (16x201)
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit Lan)
Motherboard Chipset : Intel Springdale i865PE
System Memory : 2048MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type : Award Modular (09/06/04)
Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 7800GS ( 256MB)
Audio Adapter : Creative EMU10K1 SB Live! Audio Processor
Disk Drive : ST3200822A (200 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Edited by Zmora, 11 August 2008 - 12:54 PM.

Zmora

Zmora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
could u plz recommend me any powersupply ? cuz i honestly do not know why is the old one has this all low voltege thing... and i dont know which one to choose to not make it happen again..:)

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I do not run cheap power supply's. I have customers that run some cheaper PS's without problems. I usually buy the Thermaltake purewpower line for them. While they have good voltage, they are somewhat too loud for me to use them in my own computers.

Thermaltake Purepower 430 watt
http://www.tigerdire...e...&CatId=1078

I presonally prefer the PC Power & Cooling silencer series
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817703017

or the Enermax liberty series because you can use only what wires you need.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817194002

SRX660