Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU going mental!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

therobj

therobj

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
hi,

I have a pentium 4 3.2ghz running on 2gb of RAM. usually it all works fine and dandy but yesterday all of a sudden when i launched firefox the CPU went up to 100% and stayed there even after i had closed it (and some other programs) down.

On the box on my task manager it says that there are 2095596k of physical memory in total and 1052960k available so woud that mean that the RAM is not damaged or is this not a good enough indicator?

i have scanned my computer with malwarebites and the deckarrd (i think it was called this) scanner. below are my results. i really hope someone can help with this because it is very annoying. Also apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place, it wouldnt let me start a new topic in the malware bit

Do not run tools by yourself and do not post logs here

Edited by Rorschach112, 15 August 2008 - 07:54 AM.
Removed logs

Advertisements