Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help remove BackDoor.t trojan [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Crazyseal

Crazyseal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Jimmy,

I'm getting the following error message:

Windows cannot find "C:\Documents and settings\user\desktop\dss.exe"/config

I retyped it a few times since I don't have internet connection on my laptop I can't copy and paste from your last reply.

Advertisements

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Hello Crazyseal,

I'm getting the following error message:

Windows cannot find "C:\Documents and settings\user\desktop\dss.exe"/config

Ok, please try this.

Please take a look at the event viewer and see if there are any errors there. To do this please follow these steps.

Please click Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Now there should be a new window that opened up, please click the + sign next to Event Viewer. Now please click System, next please look thru the list and find any lines that have a red X on the left side of them and right-click that line and select Properties, then there should be another windows that opens up with info on it. Please write that info down and post in in your next reply.

You don't need to go thur the whole list just go thru the first few red X lines if you could.

Crazyseal

Crazyseal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Jimmy,
I can see the red X's, but when I click on Properties nothing comes up. I tried this in both Safe and Normal Modes.

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Hello Crazyseal,
Ok, since we are having these problems I must ask you to please post a new topic in the XP forum. One of the techs over there should be able to get you booting up fine there.

In your topic in the XP forum, please include a link to this post and also please tell them what is going on with your computer. Once you are able to boot your computer fine please come back to this topic and we will finish up with any malware left on your computer.

Crazyseal

Crazyseal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Jimmy,
I really appreciate all your help so far. I am going on vacation for a week and when I get back I'm going to follow your suggestion to post a new topic on the XP forum. Please don't close this topic until I get back. I just wanted to let you know that I recieved your message.
Thanks again!!

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Hello Crazyseal,

I am going on vacation for a week and when I get back I'm going to follow your suggestion to post a new topic on the XP forum.

Ok :)

Please don't close this topic until I get back.

I have no control if this topic gets closed, but if it does all you have to do is PM me or one of the staff and it will be re-opened.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.