Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

mccann88

mccann88

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I have been getting the blue screen everyday now forabout a week now. It goes to the blue screen and then reboots after without a problem saying there was a serious error. I have not installed any new software recently and have no idea how whats happening.

I forgot to write down the message of what was on the blue screen. Does anyone know a) How to see what the message on the blue screen was and b) How to fix it.

Catherine

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Now when you go to shut down and a fatal error occurs, you'll at least see it and it won't cause an automatic reboot. You still have to sort out what's causing the problem.

You can look the errors up at this website, but they really don't explain how to fix them.

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php

Another thing you can do is look in your event viewer for any yellow or REDflags there. You can copy the text and Paste it here so we can look up the errors.

SRX660

mccann88

mccann88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I am now in the event viewer what is it and have some red and yellow flags.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

This is what the red flags are saying.

Edited by mccann88, 13 August 2008 - 03:09 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You open the error window to open by right clicking on the error and clicking properties at the bottom of the popup window.

The top part of the window will give you a event ID number and some information below that in a box. Everything there should give you some info as to where to start looking for your problems. Type in a google search "Event ID number" and you can find all sorts of information.

You can post some here also as we know of sites with specific repair methods to help you.

Do you have any error codes like this?

Error code 000000d1, parameter1 00000012, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000012.

d8 errors are usually memory problems

d1 errors are usually driver related(mostly video)

Quite a few event ID 1003 are network related problems

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 13 August 2008 - 03:23 PM.

mccann88

mccann88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I have

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 0000075c, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 a2d4fc34.

Edited by mccann88, 13 August 2008 - 04:02 PM.