Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Uninstall Corrupted AIM6 Folder

• Please log in to reply

Garrett F

Garrett F

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know there are posts for uninstalling programs with missing files, and AIM posts about using Revo. Ive tried them all with no luck.

So there is no program on any of the Windows install cleanup that say AOL or AIM. The only time it says that is after i restart my computer. When i click it to uninstall, it says that the file is no longer there, and may have already been installed, would you like to remove from the list. so i click yes. Then i look in my c/program files and i find AIM. so i try to open it and it is corrupted. I cannot delete it either. ive tried everything i could think of please help.

When i try to just reinstall AIM, it goes ok, but on the bottom right of the screen the alert pops up and says that the setup.exe cannot be found .../aim6 is corrupted etc. the ocpinst.exe blah blah just repeats. PLEASE AND THANK YOU

i will upload a few screen shots after i restart.

scrn.jpg

EDIT:
AIM works....BUT, i do not have any AIM files in any of the uninstallers. SOO idk whats going on. AIM has some parts that dont work, like the file, options etc buttons. Also just to mention; upon restarting the automatic repair was started and was not repaired. i looked at the diagnostics, and i went down the huge list and saw that my server files were corrupt, and that didnt sound good. it didnt say C drive or anything but if more info is needed i can see if it will start again.

Edited by Garrett F, 13 August 2008 - 02:20 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
open program folders and look for the aim folder. Right click and rename to aim.old. Then go to http://download.aim.com/client/68 and install the latest version of the aim client.