Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taskbar help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MamaTyson74

MamaTyson74

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, first off please bear with me here. I know alot about computers but I mostly taught myself so some terms I use are probably not the proper wordings. But anyway heres my problems. For the past week I have had a problem with programs showing on my task bar that Im not even using. I right click to close and I dont even have the option to close it, nothing happens. I have to totally shut my computer down. Even pressing ctr alt delete doesnt help because nothing shows up to close down. Right now my start menu folder is showing up on the task bar and I havent opened it up. It just came out of nowhere. A friend told me I needed to run a spyware program. Well, I run ad aware & spybot search and destroy every day. I just ran those 2 again, my Norton anti virus and also the online scan from House Call before posting on here. Nothing is showing up as a virus or spyware so I dont know what in the world is wrong. I have my windows updated too. Can someone help me figure out whats going on. It doesnt seem to be bothering anything on my computer but its bothering me!

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Read this post:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

About posting a HijackThis log. Then post a log in the Malware Removal forum here at GeeksToGo.

This topic is closed :tazz: