Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help removing a virus [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sas9491

sas9491

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I ran the sfc /scannow 2 times but everything is still the same. The first with the cd and the second without it. I'm not sure if that proved anything other than the required files were in the I386 folder. At any rate I think I'm faced with formating the hard drive and starting over.

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

I ran the sfc /scannow 2 times but everything is still the same. The first with the cd and the second without it. I'm not sure if that proved anything other than the required files were in the I386 folder. At any rate I think I'm faced with formating the hard drive and starting over.

Its up to you whether to reformat it or not, but I do believe that you error problem is not related with malware, and I do suggest you to post in XP forum (which you did).. Google suggest several solutions about your Error problem (just I'm not sure which one is the right for you..)

My suggestion is to post all details available (including your screenshot) to the XP forum about your computer problem..

If you still decide to reformat your computer, please do let me know and don't forget to back-up all your data..

Regards
fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.