Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problem with external hard disk

• Please log in to reply

Murahari

Murahari

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI

I HAVE THE PHILIPS EXTERNAL HDD 320GB. I USED THIS BEFORE. AFTER ONE YEAR AGAIN I AM TRYING TO USE THIS SAME SYTSEM. BUT I AM UNBLE TO GET THAT. IT IS ASKING THAT , INSTAL " HITACHI HDT725032VLAT80 USB DEVICE ". BUT IT IS PHILIPS HDD ONLY. AGAIN I TRIED FOR ANOTHER SYSTEM IT'S WORKING . IF ANY BODY KNOWS PLS HELP ME. I HAVE SOME FILES IN THAT HDD. I AM USING WINDOWS VISTA O/S.

THANQ
BYE BYE

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello Murahari and welcome to G2G!

Philips don't make hard drives, they'll have made the external enclosure but the hard drive in it will be an Hitachi.

We need some more information before we can help you.

Is the external hard drive displayed in My Computer/Windows Explorer?

Does it stop while installing a driver?

Is this the same machine you used it with before?

What are the specs of your PC?
If you don't know then please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

Murahari

Murahari

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi thanks for the suggetion. it's not displaying in the my computer. i used same system in before. and also i tried for another system its working. and one more thing, before when i used my mobile phone for videos n photos, i transferd to this system. right now it's also not reconsing the mobile also. i thought that, any problem with usb. but i am using data card. so , please help me for the problem.

my system is INTEL CORE DUO PROCESSER T5200. 1GB , DDR2 SDRAM HDD IS 120GB. WINDOWS VISTA O/S