Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinTV2000 Black Screen + No Audio

• Please log in to reply

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hello, I've been using the WinTV2000 program to watch cable TV for about a year now. I began using it on a laptop that used Windows XP with no issues, then I got a desktop that uses Vista, and it was working fine for about half of a year.

Recently, and suddenly, I turned on the program, and all I got was a black TV screen, with no audio. It tells me what channel I'm on, but that's it. I have done no major changes to the hardware or software on my computer that could have caused this (to my knowledge). I use the external USB device that is connected to my wall cable connection, and everything is connected correctly.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've made sure that "Force Primary" is selected, I've checked my device manager for hardware issues, but nothing has solved the problem.

Is this some sort of video card issue? A cable service issue? A compatibility issue? I've looked all over the internet and tried everything I could. Please, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

PS Here is my computer info:

Windows: Windows NT6.0 (Build 6001) Service Pack 1
Memory (RAM): 2046 MB
CPU Info: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Speed: 2392.5 MHz
Sound card: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
Display Adapters: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO | ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
Screen Resolution: 1440 X 900 - 32 bit
Network Adapters: NETGEAR RangeMax™ Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter WPN111 | Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
CD / DVD Drives: E: HL-DT-STDVD+-RW GSA-H73N
Hard Disks: C: 288.0GB | D: 10.0GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 179.2GB | D: 6.0GB
USB Controllers: 8 host controllers.
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Make: Inspiron 530
AC Power Status: OnLine
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0FM586

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you tried updating your drivers for the Wintv?