Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red Colour Disappeared

• Please log in to reply

vinny_97

vinny_97

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was using my computer when all of a sudden the screen kind of flickered and then the colours changed. The main problem is that the colour red is no longer working, which makes the entire screen show shades of grey, blue and yellow. I checked the driver (which someone had suggested) and it says that it is correctly working. I didn't bump the computer, and I'm pretty sure all the cables are fully plugged in. Help!!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You didn't say whether it's a traditional CRT monitor or a flat TFT type. If it's a CRT, the red colour gun inside has packed up. Repair is not feasible - it would cost more than a new one. If it's a TFT monitor I can't help cos I'm not familiar with that technology.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
that would be my suspicion as well. CRT's use the same general technology as a common TV set, RGB (Red, Green & Blue) color guns. Your monitor should have some buttons on the front for set up. One of those is probably color adjustment and you can see if there is any adjustment on the red. This would enable confirmation that the red gun died. CRT's are low in cost. Get another one.