Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did My Pc Died?

• Please log in to reply

MissWendee

MissWendee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so ihave a Gateway older Pc is hard to even look it up online because the model number is not found...

So here my problem

I install windows Xp on my hard drive and install everything i wanted and turned it off since everything was cool and i was done...Now when i go to turned it back on its stays on with a yellow light

I thought that it was in sleep mode but is not, I try turning it off and on but still nothing its stays on the yellow solid light not flashing just there

Whats does this means? Is my Pc Dead or Something is not tight what i have no clue and eed this pc back up for my kid

Please help me and let me know what you guys need to know to see if we can get this Pc back up and running

Thanks

Advertisements

Reddoug

Reddoug

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Can you get into the BIOS or Safe Mode? F8 Can you boot from XP CD? What are the specs of your computer?

Doug