Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DrWatson Post Mortem Debugger Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply

RikSaunderson

RikSaunderson

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there,
A couple of months ago I picked up a virus. I managed to get rid of it by using a bnumber of different bits and pieces, but since then, almost every time I boot up my computer (at least 90% of the time), DrWatson Post Mortem Debugger crashes a minute or two after bootup. This slows down the bootup and is just really annoying, I can correct the problem by stopping the process in the task manager, but is there a way of stopping it crashing completely?

Thanks
Rik

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there Rik,

I recommend you post your hijack this log in the malware forums, it seems that you have some leftover of the virus and need a cleanup.
If everything is fine come back here and continue in this thread :)

Mike

RikSaunderson

RikSaunderson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there,
I'll do that later today, although this has been happenning since I fixed the virus, and I was told that my HijackThis logs were clean then.
Thanks for the reply, hopefully it is still a bit of virus, and not something more serious.
Thanks
Rik

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi Rik,

I'm sorry, I didn't notice that you have already been to the malware forums - if that's the case please continue here.

Sorry,

Mike