Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

ruacriado

ruacriado

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Help! :)

I had to re-format a Latitude D600 and re-install Windows XP. That went well but now can not hook back up to wireless network. That all seems to have vanished. Can find no place to enter network name or key. Could just click wireless networks previously.

Am no "pro" at computers. Get a lot of my info from your boards so help in simple terms please.

Thanks for being there.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to the manufactures website here...support...get your wireless drivers and install them...reboot

Edited by happyrck, 18 August 2008 - 06:50 PM.

ruacriado

ruacriado

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks for your help. The computer acts like it doesn't have a network adapter but like I said it worked wirelessly before I re-formatted. Maybe I just need to buy another adapter like a USB adapter.

Thanks again. You folks are terrific !!! :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you go to the link and get your wireless and chipset drivers yet...

ruacriado

ruacriado

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Yes. :) ;) Thank you so much. It took me a while to figure out which driver I was looking for. :)
Again I repeat: You guys are the greatest. :) Don't know where I'd be without your help. Probably trashing a laptop.

Thanks again.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :)