Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Special_Pool_Detected_Memory_Corruption

• Please log in to reply

SLB0829

SLB0829

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, im using a new laptop that ive had for maybe 2 weeks. For the first week or so it ran great, no problems whatsoever. But now for the past week or so i get bluescreens with the heading Special_Pool_Detected_Memory_Corruption. They happen maybe 2 or 3 times per 5 hours of use. Extremely annoying considering its a brand new computer that i only play a game or 2 on and look at a handful of websites.

Ive searched around the net and have found similiar topics pertaining to this problem but have yet to find many step by step instructions to fixing this problem and have of the computer jargan i havent a clue to the meaning of. From all ive gathered it "usually" points to a driver problem. However, after doing a few things some sites have mentioned (Tried 3 different driver check softwares, did a few dxdiag solutions) everything came back clean, working as intended and up to date. So im pretty much at a loss of what to try next to maybe stop these bluescreens.

So if anyone out there has had a similiar problem and can explain in lamens terms how i can go about getting this cimputer to run flawlessly again, it would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Have you read this article?
http://support.micro...kb/244617/en-us