Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lenovo Bios/USB error 3000 N100

• Please log in to reply

youngsir76

youngsir76

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey Guys,

Seems I'm just having bad luck with computers this week. I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 Series Laptop that I believe did a rollback on the original BIOS version. I've tried to find the error/solution online to no avail but here goes.

The computer currently only starts up and performs a self test and states the following error
Keyboard Initialized....
Mouse failed to Initialize...

Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:01H / Port:00H
Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:02H / Port:00H

Press F1 For Setup, Press F12 For Boot Device Selection Menu

Well, F1 takes me into the Bios, all looks well. It says to enter System Settings press F1 and you can review the bios/boot sequence etc. And F12 Does nothing.

The current BIOS (63ET62WW) should be on Version 3.11 for Windows Vista Home Edition but currently only shows the original 1.08 version.

I am also unable to enter my startup recovery "program" via the Lenovo Care partition to just do a system recover or repair. I don't even have the options to start up in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known good Configuration, or Start windows normally.

What I speculate is that I should be able to "flash" the bios (i know very little about computers and am worried i might kill the system). Unfortunately Lenovo's website has an executable file that is the Bios Update Utility that runs in windows. Obviously since I can't get to the desktop this program is rendered useless. I looked around the net to see if I could extract the files and put them on a boot cd. (Don't know if thats even possible) Another thing to note is there are alot of files that I extracted and am unsure which are essential vs. only for the update utility tool.

This is the link for my specific device as something to reference
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67008.html
On the website the most recent Version of the bios 3.12 is for XP only just as a heads up so i scrolled to the bottom to see previous bios updates...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements