Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB headset VS onboard sound

• Please log in to reply

Xarcara

Xarcara

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I want to know if there is a way i can disable my usb headset on teh fly without either unplugging it or going into the device manager and doing it that way basicly i want a fast switch between the two without all the steps so my wife can switch them without me looking over her shoulder

if it matters i have onboard realtek
and the headset is a logitech clear chat pc wireless

yes they both work fine i just want to be able to switch between the two without the hassle

thanks

Advertisements

Kazzoo

Kazzoo

Visiting Consultant

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Greetings Xarcara

As you well know when using a USB headset your OS sees it as "another" soundcard and wants to set it as the default. Thus your having to do the reconfiguring everytime you want to switch.

The thing you want is called a audio/headset switch. Unfortunately it doesnt do USB as of yet. You would need to go to a analog set and a device such as this. link-----> http://www.geeks.com...2...-DT&cat=SPK

So on the fly, hit the switch you have speakers, hit the switch you have headset and mic. Unless you are running a Laptop, I dont think you get that much improvement in sound quality anyway using a usb.

Doesnt get any eaiser than touch to switch.

Regards
Kaz