Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Many problems with my computer need help please.

• Please log in to reply

Branslaven

Branslaven

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI, My name is brandi I am having alot of problems with my computer, I got it about 6 months ago it's an Acer and it came with windows vista. About 4 months ago my computer started freezing up on me, I don't play alot of games or anything it usually happened when I was on the internet. But it freezes up at least 4 or 5 times a day and it's always when I am on the internet.

Then just 4 days ago my husband was playing Hearts on the computer and the screen when black and a message said "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" I don't know what that means It does it at least once a day maybe twice. It only happens when he is playing that game. If anyone can help me I'd really appericate it.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there Brandi,

Can you please give me the model number for this Acer computer?

For example, I'm using an Acer Aspire 5315 right now to respond to this message. The writing in bold is what will be most helpful.

Cheers

Troy

Branslaven

Branslaven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Acer Aspire T180 UA380B

3800 AMD Athion 64 Processor
1GB DDR2 Memory
160GB Hard disk

hope this is what you need

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I'm not sure if this will be successful, but try it with your mouse:

http://www.acerpanam...selectedIndex=1

If you get to the download page, then you need to download the drivers for your video. I can see a few different ones there, so if you're not sure which one yours has (I have researched but can't find enough detailed information out there), then we'll need to go the hard way about it... :)

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the program, click + next to computer then summary

Look on the right for display / video adapter.

Reply with the display/video adapter information here.

Cheers

Troy