Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Echoing Speakers

• Please log in to reply

ArkAngelCrono

ArkAngelCrono

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
About every 6 months or so, my PC speakers connected to my Gateway PC begin echoing...just randomly, one day, they'll start echoing; this has only happened 2 other times Sound is normal, but there is a slight reverb in any sound produced AND after I shut off the song I am playing or video I am watching there is a distinct echo after effect. I am 100% certain that this is NOT a problem with any microphone issues. There are no noticeable errors with anything involving my sound card and/or drivers, software, or hardware.

Why does this happen, and if you know why, how can I fix this? Last time this happened, I just re-installed Windows altogether, and I certainly do not want to go through the hassle if I truly do not need to.

Thank you for your time,
ArkAngelCrono

Make and Model of PC speakers: Boston BA745 (with subwoofer)

Edited by ArkAngelCrono, 22 August 2008 - 01:50 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Are you sure its the speakers themselves that are echoing and not the acoustics in the room causing an echo? Play anything loud enough in an empty room and it will echo.