Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

c0000218 Error - blue screen

• Please log in to reply

cjroby

cjroby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey folks, I am new to the forum and in fact---a complete and utter novice when it comes to computers. I believe, during a recent storm, that the power went out and as a result when I tried to turn my Dell laptop back on it gave me a blue screen error c0000218. Through browsing the web I see that this is somewhat common, but I have yet to find a way that I can fix it. I have requested and received the disks from Dell because it was an OEM loaded version of XP. Now that I have the disc(s) I turn on my laptop, but the same blue screen appears. It gives me options to start in safe mode, etc. but no matter which method I select it still fails. How do I go about getting into the cd to try to install xp back on the machine via the disc? It may be basic, but there is something I am missing. I thank you in advance for any help you may provide. Thanks and have a good weekend!

Advertisements

cjroby

cjroby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
FWIW, I don't get anything that says repair or recover or Press any key to boot from CD options. I just get the start in safe mode, the last good config, etc..