Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2007 crashes in Vista when Opening or Saving a file

• Please log in to reply

iamthebest235

iamthebest235

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I already had Office 2007 on my laptop. Then recently I upgraded the laptop OS from XP to Vista Home Premium. Everything went fine during the upgrade. But now my Office 2007 is giving me lots of problems. All the features in all the Office 2007 products work fine, except two major ones. When I try to Open a file from File>Open (Ctrl+O) and when I try to Save a file from File>Save (Ctrl+S), the dialog box comes up (that shows the path of the file to be saved or opened) and it freezes there. No error messages nothing, Not Responding, I just have to close the program by pressing 'X' and restart it. If someone can please help me with this problem it'll be great.

Advertisements

Wrinkly Pete

Wrinkly Pete

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi iamthebest235,

I have had similar problems with my Vista laptop and MS Office Outlook 2007 Enterprise 2007.

MS directed me to a help page which didn't cure the problem, and I'm waiting (not holding my breath) to hear back from them.

Other problems (MS not bothered to cure) are "MS Office Outlook has crashed 23 times and has been reported each time (Problem Reports & Solutions) going back to 09/06/2008, also MS Office Word 4 times, reported since 22/10/08, Internet Explorer 7, 142 times since 20/5/08, and Windows Explorer 34 times since 04/05/08.

None of these problems have yet been cured and I check daily to make sure. I update AT LEAST once a day.

I wish you the best of luck.... I've not had ANY.
MicroSoft just don't care, once they've had the money for these products the don't rush to sort the bugs out... too busy planning how to sell newer expensive alternatives more and more frequently ($$$$$$$$$).
[Do you think I'm a little cynical?]

Edited by Wrinkly Pete, 11 January 2009 - 02:20 PM.