Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to fix Blue Screen of Death Problem Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

thatguy03

thatguy03

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello all,

I have had the blue screen of death for a couple days now and it is driving me nuts. I have tried to do a system restore and it wont let me restore to a different time. Here is what the blue screen of death says:

MAXIMUM_WAIT_OBJECTS_EXCEEDED

0X00000050 (0X00000000, 0XF4A7A546, 0X00000008, 0XC00000000)

I don't have any trouble booting, and it only comes on after my computer has been sitting for awhile. I can press ctrl+alt+dlt and it will take me back to my desktop but it will eat my wallpaper. If any of you guys could please help me with this i would really appreciate it. :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you recently install any new hardware or software...
how about updating any software including windows...

go to your computer manufactures website ....
Check if you are using the latest hardware drivers, especially the chipset and video drivers....

some of the most popular driver download sites:

* CPU and Chipset Drivers: AMD.... Intel... Via

* Video Drivers: ATI.... Intel... Nvida

* Computer and other hardware manufacturers list with phone numbers and links

Edited by happyrck, 25 August 2008 - 10:10 PM.

thatguy03

thatguy03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Nothing out of the norm has been added on. Its funny that yesterday i couldn't set a screen saver to my computer and now i can. I mean the blue screen doesn't come on now. I think I downloaded FullTiltPoker but the last time i did that i got a virus so i removed it like i also did this time. How can I check to see what chipset I have on my pc? Last but not least when my computer is booting and it gets to the desktop and is loading the little (your computer is at risk) comes on, but i know that my firewall is on and I have virus protection and not to mention spybot s&d, hijackthis, and Ccleaner to help cleaning it.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it won't hurt to take a trip thru the malware forum Start HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then start a new topic in the MALWARE FORUM forum here...

just to be sure the blue screens are not caused by malware...if you get any blue screens after that we can do some more testing back here in this thread...

thatguy03

thatguy03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Been at work all day and was unable to reply. I did a scan with Malwarebytes and found at least 10 goodies on my system that I kicked to the curb. The pc is running great now with no problems. Appreciate the response and attempts to help :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :)