Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME Problem

• Please log in to reply

TheGameIsOn

TheGameIsOn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Windows ME, and when I go to shut it down, programs quit responding, and also when im like using internet explorer, and go to something like My Documents the start bar thingy at the bottom of the screen freezes for like 5-10 minutes then the my documents load, i dont know what the prob could be, but i dont believe thats normal, my pc messed up acouple of times in the last 2 months, where i had to use a rescue disk to bring it back up... i need some help, thanks

PS, if needed, i can send you a log of my pc using "HiJack This" that i got off this site

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It sounds like some process is using up the last scraps of memory you have available on the machine. How much memory does the machine have and have you added in software or gotten any malware lately.

TheGameIsOn

TheGameIsOn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have super anti spyware, its a spyware detector, will that get rid of malware, and if not, and if i have some, what can i use to get rid of it

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

i have super anti spyware, its a spyware detector, will that get rid of malware, and if not, and if i have some, what can i use to get rid of it

Let's do things in a methodical way. Try to answer the first question I asked, about your memory. You can run a free program called Belarc Adviser and it will give the specs on your machine. You can even print the results from it, or copy and paste them to a post here.

Malware questions are best asked in the malware forum which has experts.