Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Plug and Play Monitor

• Please log in to reply

fletchnaught

fletchnaught

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Latitude D800 Laptop, running Windows XP (Service Pack 3). My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650. I have the latest drivers for it.

Last year I got a Westinghouse 24" LCD Monitor: L2410NM. Its resolution is 1920 x 1200. It is fully plug and play. It has no drivers. I called their support already, and they told me the problem was with my computer.

Last year when I got it, it loaded up correctly and my computer recognized it as L2410NM. One time after disconnecting and reconnecting the computer to the monitor (It's a laptop, afterall), the computer would no longer recognize my monitor as L2410NM. It only thinks of him as "Analog Display". And it will not detect the proper resolution. I have to use it at 1600 x 1200, which results in black bars and lost screen space.

The monitor still plays Xbox with no problems, so I think it has something to do with my computer.

In device settings I have under Monitors:
Default Monitor
Default Monitor
Default Monitor
Plug and Play Monitor

If I remove them all and refresh they come back.

Any theories?

Advertisements