Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Information Systems

• Please log in to reply

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Hey guys,

I am currently enrolled at DeVry University Online completing my basics and Web graphic Design Major. After this major I willl be transferring to another College called Missouri State University. They offer a course called Computer Information Systems, but I'm not sure it's what I want. I am wanting to be able to have a degree in building computers, fixing them, Working with programs in computers, etc... Does anyone have any ideas what I need to take?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the CIS program at MSU seems to focus completely on programming and IT management and not at all on hardware or computer systems themselves so if you're wanting to do programming that looks like the way to got

you might want to sit down with the counselor at MSU and describe what you're wanting to do when you graduate and they can help guide you to the right courses

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Okay, Thank you..,