Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pen drive problem

• Please log in to reply

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi i am using win xp prof SP2.My friend bought 3 pen drives but all the three are not accessabe
even though they are getting detected.On opening my computer it shows the removable drive
but when tried to open it.It gives error message.Pendrive i have is Tooshiba 8 gb.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to format the pen drives. Insert into a USB connector, right click the icon in My Computer and click Format.

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Try to format the pen drives. Insert into a USB connector, right click the icon in My Computer and click Format.

Hi
I have already tried it its not letting me to format it. It said "there is no disk in drive h: insert the disk and then try again".when i double click on the removable disk icon in my computer it says "please insert a disk into drive H:" where drive h: is my removable drive.somebody suggested me do try chkdsk on my removable drive
but that too is not workin.i have tried using it on two other systems of my relatives house but my pendrive is givig the same problem there too.Now what should i try.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you tried the pen on three different computers and it doesn't work then it's faulty. Some manufacturer's give a long guarantee on this products so you better try and replace it.