Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVDRW not working !Help!

• Please log in to reply

tintin363

tintin363

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So my dvdrw stopped working and is installed properly in windows. It just won't detect any discs in it. My laptop is an Averatec, which is a no name brand basically. Can someone tell me if there is a way to get a dvdrw repaired? I have tried an external one but it was not recognizable in bios (I say this because windows needs to be repaired with the cd and I need the dvdrw to do so) I have also tried purchasing another one but where I am from no one can seem to get one. The dvdrw is a Quanta Storage Inc. product and the company will not get back to me either. So it is a QSI SDW042SE DX70-C. If someone can even let me know where to get one of these drives that would be great. Thank you.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
as far as being repairable.... not really.... you could try a dvd cleaner disk but short of that... not much you can do but replace it... do you know what kind of interface it uses? ide? sata? proprietary?