Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I save my window sizes

• Please log in to reply

ZoneIII

ZoneIII

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Until last year, my window sizes stayed the way I sized them. But I noticed sometime last year that they always open up small (I don't have them set to maximize when opened.) I just had to reinstall XP for an unrelated problem and I thought that maybe this problem would finally go away but it hasn't. I have tried various things recommended on forums including sizing the window the way I want it and then closing it down with File/Exit instead of just hitting the "X." No luck. The windows always open up small. I would appreciate any suggestions. This is a minor irritation. What is so odd is that I never had this problem until last year and now I have it after an XP reinstall. :)

Advertisements

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
The following should work for you.

Follow the instructions below exactly and your problem should be solved.
Right click the shortcut icon for IE next to the Start button, choose Properties, change it from 'normal' to 'maximized'. Now open it.
Now right click any link on the page, choose Open In New Window....don't maximize it....instead, use the mouse to resize it to what you want it to be.
Now close the FIRST window you opened, and then close the new one you just resized.

Reopen IE from the shortcut icon again, and all windows from now on will be the size you chose and created