Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows recovery console

• Please log in to reply

jmarin

jmarin

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i formated my pc to remove a virus. Yesterday i asked for help in your forum and you told me to download the windows recovery console. It hasnt been removed from my pc and i want to remove it cause when the pc boots it asks me to choose if to boot windows or the recovery console and this takes time. I want it to start windows automatically. If you cant help me remove it please tell me how to reduce the bootloader time!!!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello jmarin...

Removing the boot time prompt will require editing the boot.ini file.

Right click on My Computer and choose "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab. In the Startup and Recovery area, click the "Settings" button. In the window that opens, click on the "Edit" button...a notepad window will open (boot.ini). Copy the contents of that window and paste it here for us.

wannabe1

jmarin

jmarin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hello!!

thanks for the help, but i think i did it. i deleted the windows recovery console from the boot.ini