Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SP 3

• Please log in to reply

clixto

clixto

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I got an update message to SP 3. After rebooting I get a message saying new hardware found. Says it's for AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO BUS . wHAT WOULD BE THE CD? When I look in device manager I have an unknown device under network adapters. Any suggestions?
thx in adavance

Edited by clixto, 01 September 2008 - 11:07 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello clixto...

Sorry for the delay in getting to you.

Have you tried installing or reinstalling your motherboard drivers...more precisely, the chipset drivers? If you don't have a disk containing these drivers, they should be available for download from the hardware manufacturer's website.

wannabe1

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I'll give it a try in the morning and let you know what happens.

thx

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I think I screwed something up. I put in the cd and clicked on the driver installation wizard and some files transfered and then it went into DOS. Now I have 2 internet tv's at the bottom One says local area connection 2 Nvidia nfroce controller and the other is SMC ez card 10/100. I am using the SMC. Not sure how to get rid of the other.

Back to the CD I went into ASUS utilities and clicked update, but when I rebooted I still have the message from my original thread regarding new hardware. My mother board is ASUS M2N=MX SE Plus. I was wondering exactly which drivers to DL so I don't screw anything up. I'm a novice in this field.

thx

Nemesis

Nemesis

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
well the thing is... CDs may not give you the most up to date drivers. Go to Asus' website and search for the latest audio drivers for your motherboard.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I think it worked. Thank you. What should I do about the 2 internet tv's at the bottom One says local area connection 2 Nvidia nfroce controller and the other is SMC ez card 10/100. I am using the SMC. Not sure how to get rid of the other.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Open Control Panel and double click on the Network Connections icon.

In the window that opens, right click on the connection you don't want to monitor and choose "Properties"

In the Properties window, remove the ticks from the two bottom check boxes...apply the change.

Icon gone?

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
it's still there

Nemesis

Nemesis

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
try following wannabe1's steps except this time go when you're in Connection properties click on "configure" and disable the device completely. This will probably remove it.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Bingo! you guys are awesome. Thanks so much!

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
The one I disabled was Nvidia networking controller is that okay?

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
The reason I am asking is because now when I click on the NVIDIA control panel in the control panel I get an error message: Unknown SEEPROM device DevID=1420c2

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If you're still able to get online....then you done good.

It can be enabled again easily enough should you ever need it.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
OK sounds good. I appreciate your guy's/gal's help.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I just checked my sound and I don't have any sound from the possible driver dl> Do you know if I need to change my setting from the audio driver?