Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen during Brand New Install

• Please log in to reply

pnman

pnman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am doing a brand new install on a Clean system and I am getting the following blue screen error:

stop 0x0000007E

pci.sys Address F75360BF base at F752F000 datestamp 3b7d855c

The components for the system are listed below:

XFX Geforce 8200 MCP Socket AM2+ MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Crucial PC5400 2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Memory.

Maxtor SATA 160GB Harddrive

I am attempting to stall WIndows XP and get the blue screen right after it scrolls through all of the SCSI drivers. I have installed many computers and this is the first time I have ever had this issue on a new install. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

You receive a stop error 0x7E in Pci.sys

This problem occurs when you remove the CardBus adapter from the computer after a file transfer or after editing a file on the Compact Flash card.

Microsoft Windows XP
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Windows XP. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322389 (http://support.micro...b/322389/EN-US/) How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack

This Microsoft site may help.

http://support.micro...=330182&sd=RMVP

I cannot get to the XFX website to see if you have some sort of cardbus adapter on the motherboard.

I would check in the BIOS( delete key at startup) and see if you can find anything there on cardbus that you can disable. In the BIOS you use the arrow keys to navigate, and the enter key to highlight or open a new window. The Esc key is used to get out of the bios( eventually). I can't find much else on this.

SRX660

pnman

pnman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My install CD for the system is XP SP1 could that be part of the problem as well. The reason I ask is that I have a second system that I have but intel based that is also a new clean system (duo processor) and I tested that setup and got the same exact error. I was wondering if it might be XP install CD since it is only at SP1.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have had that error with some install cd's. Most of the time I replace the cd, but Ive also taken and made a new install cd with Nlite. You just copy the install cd to your hard drive, run the app, then add in the new service pack, like SP3. Then you just burn a copy of the new cd and its all set.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Looking further into this error i find a lot of forums talking About how even XP SP1 may not have the correct drivers for a PCI-E video card. I would try slipstreaming SP2 into a XP operating system and burn a new disk to see if it will install.

As Jaxisland has said, I Also have had very good luck using Nlite to make slipstreamed CD's.

http://www.geekgirls..._slipstream.htm

The easy method to burn a XP SP@ bootable CD.

http://www.ntfs.com/...burner_free.htm

SRX660

pnman

pnman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the tips. I am traveling for work but I will give it a shot when I get back home this weekend.