Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox and g-mail

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if anyone using firefox notices that when try to use your g-mail account..like opening another email or another folder containing saved emails
it pops a warning up asking are you sure you want to navigate away from thus page because you have a server request pending...or gets into loop connecting and then loading again...its a firefox issue and not a g-mail issue..I installed a old version of firefox ...pre 2.0 not sure of the version and it does not do this type of behavior at all...and the truth be told...it loads faster and runs noticeably faster...just can't use the tabmix plus or several of my favorite extensions
it has caused me to try goggles chrome browser...will report on my experiences with chrome...

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have 7 gmail accounts and have always used Firefox since it came out and never had problems like you described. Wonder if it might be one of the add-ons causing this? Have you tried running Firefox in its Safe Mode? I use version 2.0.0.16 because I don't care for FF3 yet. Disables too many of my needed add-ons.

Edited by Major Payne, 03 September 2008 - 05:35 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
will try safe mode today...but several of my clients have been having the same issues..
I have 3 g-mail accounts and it does it on all of them...I too used 2.0.0.16 because of the extensions that won't work with 3.0