Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Laptop

• Please log in to reply

lourider

lourider

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello. For about a month my laptop has been running a lot slower than normal. I would just like to know what I could do to speed it up.

It is a Dell Latitude D820
Intel Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz
2.00 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

Basically if I am trying to do anything (browse the internet, play music, im people) my laptop just kind of stops for a little bit to think. When I use firefox and try changing tabs it stops and i get a white window thing instead of the firefox logo in the top left corner. When I try to open something on here it takes forever, the zune player is the worst then it would be pdf files. I've tried to defrag my computer but that doesn't help at all. Any ideas??

Thanks

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Sounds like you could have a virus/spyware problem. Try posting this in the Malware Removal forum and see if someone there can help you.

good luck

lourider

lourider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I did about a week and a half ago. And everything got cleared up.

Edited by lourider, 04 September 2008 - 09:51 AM.