Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

M S Antivirus keeps loading every time I swicth on

• Please log in to reply

Kazzy84

Kazzy84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey!! I need a bit of advice!! Everytime I turn on my laptop, once it has loaded, a program called M S Antivirus starts loading. I get a message telling me I have 250 viruses so they ask me to register to get protected. However, when I go to register, they want me to pay a fee. All I want to know is who is M S Antivirus and how do I delete them of my computer. I tried left clicking their icon in my task bar but all i got was 'open', No option to delete. I think I already have an antivirus program so I don't need this annoying program loading everytime I switch on my computer. Please could some1 tell me how I delete it because it's really annoying me!! :) Cheers Peeps!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
MS Antivirus is rogue spyware. Ignore all of its "viruses", most of them are fake.
A trip to the Malware forum is in order.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.