Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser Hijacked

• Please log in to reply

dezman

dezman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Smarties,
I have a Windows 95(b) OS. Since the last 2 months, after I start my computer, I have Internet Explorer come up with a website address of ez-finder.com and when I hit the Start button on my computer, I see the column has a WebSearch in one of the list of things that come up after I hit the start button. I tried using Hijackthis and I must have done something because now I don't get this WebSearch and
ez-finder.com website but instead in the address bar of IE, I see 'about blank' but the website says, Search for........and you have a whole variety of things you have an option to search(dating, computers, jobs, real estate, etc etc).

Now when I try to download Spybot or Adaware or any antivirus, it begins to download(i select download from current program)and I can see the box showing how much time is left before it is fully downloaded. Now as soon as it is
downloaded, the box disappears and doesn't giveme any other directions as to which folder it has been downloaded to and other details I use to see when it was working fine). The box shows it is being downloaded in the Temporary folder but I can't seem to find the folder. Than while I am on the internet surfing, I get this box showing iexplore will shut down as it has an invalid page fault and I close the box and another one appears saying exactly the same thing and I close that one and another one pops up and then the computer freezes and I have to shut off the switch. The box at times will also say Waol will be shut down coz of an invalid page fault and then my internet connection goes out.

Won't you please help me. Thank you all in advance for your valuable assistance.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please follow the link in my signature to the MALWARE forum and follow the instructions that you can (you may not be able to dollow some due to your problem).

Can you not select your download location when your download starts?

dezman

dezman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so kindly. I will follow your directions and advise you of the findings. I have tried downloading in my 'Save" folder but it didn't end up in that folder once the downloading was done.

Interestingly, when I do a Find-Files and Folder check for any *.exe created during the last 1 day, it doesn't even show up anywhere in 'my computer'.

I hope I was able to express my problem well enough for others to comprehend. English wasn't my favorite subject while growing up in the Fiji Islands, rugby surely was.

Have a good one.