Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This Is Driving Me Crazy

• Please log in to reply

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown

I can get in Safe Mode but what should i do?

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Edited by doire, 05 September 2008 - 04:34 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.
Note The parameters in parentheses are specific to your computer configuration and may be different for each occurrence.
CAUSE
The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:
• Mismatched system files have been installed.
• A Service Pack installation has failed.
• A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
• An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

While you can read this complicated method to try fixing this problem,

http://support.micro...kb/156669/en-us

The easist method to fix this( but it does not always work) is:

Last known good configuration
To start the computer by using the last known good configuration, follow these steps:Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be d.ifferent on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
1. Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
2. Click Restart, and then click OK.
3. Press F8 at the indicated time:
• For an x86-based computer: When a screen of text appears and then disappears , press F8. (The screen of text may include a memory test, lines about the BIOS, and other lines.) There may also be a prompt that tells you when to press F8.
• For an Itanium architecture-based computer: After you make your selection from the boot menu, press F8. There may be a prompt that tells you when to press F8.
4. Use the arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.
5. Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.

If the above does not work then a repair install is the next step.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

The last resort is the clean reinstall of the operating system.

http://www.winsupers...xp_sg_clean.asp

SRX660

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
It was an MS update that caused the issue.

I cant remember which one as i removed it on friday.

However once the update was removed then log-on was possible.