Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wordpress blog problem

• Please log in to reply

bryon

bryon

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I've learned that my blog (http://catsignal.com) isn't working in Internet Explorer, although it's fine in Firefox. I tried to validate the coding (http://validator.w3.org) and got this message:

The following missing or conflicting information caused the validator to perform guesswork prior to validation. If the guess or fallback is incorrect, it may make validation results entirely incoherent. It is highly recommended to check these potential issues, and, if necessary, fix them and re-validate the document.

Character Encoding mismatch!

The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (utf-8) is different from the value in the <meta> element (iso-8859-1). I will use the value from the HTTP header (utf-8) for this validation.

I opened the header in my wordpress theme editor. It shows charset=iso-8859-1.

So I don't understand the validator warning. Is there somewhere else to look for the utf-8? And what should I change, if anything?

I'm writing my posts in Microsoft Word and using wordpress' kitchen sink tool to give me the "post from Word" tool. It's possible I've done a few short posts just straight from Word, if that would make a difference.

My primary language is English, not html or other coding languages. Feel free to speak slowly to me.

Thanks,
Bryon

Advertisements